Operator Release Notes
June 22, 2022
- Added support for Operator to run on IPv6 environment.
- You can now enable CSI topology feature by setting the
truein the StorageCluster CRD, the default value is
false. The feature is only supported on FlashArray direct access volumes.
- Operator now uses custom SecurityContextConstraints
- You can now add custom annotations to any service created by Operator.
- You can now configure
ServiceTypeon any service created by Operator.
- Fixed pod recreation race condition during OCP upgrade by introducing exponential back-off to pod recreation when the
operator.libopenstorage.org/cordoned-restart-delay-secsannotation is not set.
- Fixed the incorrect CSI provisioner arguments when custom image registry path contains “:“.
Apr 14, 2022
- Daemonset to operator migration is in Beta release.
- Added support for passing custom labels to Portworx API service from StorageCluster.
- Operator now enables the Autopilot component to communicate securely using tokens when PX-Security is enabled in the Portworx cluster.
- Added field
preserveFullCustomImageRegistryin StorageCluster spec to preserve full image path when using custom image registry.
- Operator now retrieves the version manifest through proxy if
- Stork, Stork scheduler, CSI, and PVC controller pods are now deployed with
topologySpreadConstraintsto distribute pod replicas across Kubernetes failure domains.
- Added support for installing health monitoring sidecars from StorageCluster.
- Added support for installing snapshot controller and CRD from StorageCluster.
- The feature gate for CSI is now deprecated and replaced by setting
- Added support to enable hostPID to Portworx pods using the annotation
- Operator now sets
fsGroupPolicyin the CSIDriver object to
File. Previously it was not set explicitly, and the default value was
skip-resourceannotation to PX-Security Kubernetes secrets to skip backing them to the cloud.
- Operator now sets the dnsPolicy of Portworx pod to
- When using Cloud Storage, Operator validates that the node groups in StorageCluster use only one common label selector key across all node groups. It also validates that the value matches
spec.cloudStorage.nodePoolLabelif a is present. If the value is not present, it automatically populates it with the value of the common label selector.
- Fixed Pod Disruption Budget issue blocking Openshift upgrade on Metro DR setup.
- Fixed Stork scheduler’s pod anti-affinity by adding the label
name: stork-schedulerto Stork scheduler deployments.
- When a node level spec specifies a cloud storage configuration, we no longer set the cluster level default storage configuration. Before this fix, the node level cloud storage configuration would be overwritten.
Last edited: Wednesday, Jun 22, 2022
Questions? Visit the Portworx forum.