You can deploy Portworx through Rancher using the Rancher’s Portworx Catalog. The following sequence illustrates deployment in an Amazon AWS/EC2 environment.
Step 1: Add a Host
For availability zone, use either “West N. California”, or “East N. Virginia”. If you need a different availability zone, please contact [email protected]
Step 2: Configure Instance
- Select the name and count of your instances
- Use m3.medium as the instance type
- For US-West (N. California), use ami-ebe6a98b as the AMI image name
- For US-East (N. Virginia), use ami-d0651bc7 as the AMI image name.
- Specify 128GB as the root size
Step 3 : Advanced Options
- Expand “Advanced Options”. For “Docker Install URL”, select “Latest” from the dropdown
Step 4: Add Portworx Service
Next, select “Add From Catalog”. Select Portworx. For “Cluster Token”, provide the token supplied to you from Portworx. Select Launch